Preparing your Space
If window replacement is the only project you’re undertaking, your renovation will not be overly disruptive and, with some advance preparation, your home will be back to rights in no time.
The basic prep
These tips below will ensure your window replacement goes smoothly and will save time for your installers:
- On installation day, move furniture and knick-knacks away from the windows so the installers can have easy access to the areas they’ll be working in. Leave at least 5-8 feet of working space if you can.
- Remove all blinds and window coverings.
- Provide the installation crew with a clear path to the windows being replaced.
- Remove any artwork or photographs from walls close to the windows.
- Move any breakable items to another room and cover valuable pieces with blankets or plastic sheeting to prevent damage.
- Protect hardwood floors and carpet in the immediate area with plastic sheeting.
- If you have a security system, sensors should be removed from any windows or doors being replaced and the system should be turned off.
- If your renovation will take more than a few days, plan breaks from the construction, perhaps with a dinner out, for your family.
- If your window replacement is part of a larger renovation, you should take additional steps to protect your home and furniture against fine plaster dust and construction dirt.
Familiar with renovation? Or is this your first renovation project? Discover how to start your project with the Atis Group!Learn more