September 23, 2019 - Terrebonne, Qc
Production Supervisor ATIS W&D
The supervisor is responsible for the overall performance of the production operations of one or more sectors, including manufacturing and assembly. The hired applicant must also work with the Director of Operations to increase production efficiency in terms of quality, waste reduction at the plant, improved profitability, and training and coaching of employees as required, while ensuring a safe working environment.
- Oversee the documentation of all processes, improvement strategies and procedures related to the training program to ensure consistency of operational tasks, cost reduction, site utilization, and workplace safety and cleanliness;
- monitor productivity on a weekly basis to measure the improvement and effectiveness of shifts;
- ensure that production schedules are adhered to and adapted as necessary;
- be responsible for communications, hiring and training employees, scheduling and supervising more than 30 employees;
- assign, monitor and direct work, training and coaching procedures; build on the strengths of the team and its members; manage performance; review complaints and solve problems to ensure a high level of performance;
- evaluate production performance, ensure compliance with quality, health and safety standards;
- monitor productivity to optimize schedules and ensure continuous improvement;
- supervise compliance with inventory control procedures to ensure that the inventory control precision objectives are consistently met;
- improve safety, quality, costs, waste reduction, efficiency through a methodology of continuous improvement;
- periodically inspect production equipment and machinery (especially after repairs) to ensure that everything is operating safely and according to specifications;
- complete ad hoc production reports as required;
- work directly with the Director of Operations and in a multidisciplinary manner with the Quality and Engineering team on projects aimed at improving quality, optimizing efficiency and reducing operating expenses;
- take responsibility for the coordination, evaluation and continuous improvement of the department and team, and promote a positive work environment that encourages people to stretch their limits.
- 3 to 5 years of supervisory experience.
- Demonstrated skills in leading and showing sympathy for subordinates, excellent analytical skills and ability to propose solutions to problems;
- superior communication and organizational skills;
- sense of priorities in order to meet the company's requirements from a broader perspective;
- ability to work independently and as part of a team in a constantly changing environment where activities are carried out at a fast pace, while being attentive to detail;
- ability to build constructive and effective relationships through diplomacy and tact, as well as through the fair treatment of employees.
- Group insurance and VRSP;
- comprehensive on-the-job training;
- be part of a group (Atis) that is the Canadian leader in doors and windows;
- dynamic, family-style working atmosphere.