June 18, 2018 - Concord, Ontario
Takes direction from the Maintenance Supervisor and Plant Manager and performs preventative maintenance and maintenance duties in all departments in accordance with plant policies and procedures in compliance with safety policies.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Troubleshoots and repairs mechanical systems and equipment in the plant as required.
- Repairs and replaces hydraulics, motors, electrical, pneumatic and other mechanical components as needed to minimize overall maintenance costs.
- Assists Maintenance Supervisor with the set-up, preservation and updating maintenance program.
- Creates, plans and performs scheduled preventative maintenance tasks, such as checking, cleaning and repairing equipment to detect and prevent potential problems on a wide range of machines on the production line to reduce down-time.
- Gains a good understanding of the production lines.
- Knowledge of Health and Safety standards and WHMIS.
- Develops strong relationships with Supervisors and Plant Personnel.
- Ensures a clean and safe work environment.
- Communicates maintenance status and escalates issues and prioritizes repairs accordingly.
- Enters purchase orders into system (parts, tools, etc.)
- Meets maintenance scheduling deadlines and ensures minimal down-time, ensuring that equipment is repaired before leaving.
- Tool and die fabrication experience an asset; set up and operate a variety of computer-controlled and mechanically-controlled machine tools to produce precision metal parts, instruments, and tools.
- Ability to read diagrams and schematic drawings and service manuals to determine work procedures
- Handy man duties as needed.
- Other duties as required.
- 5+ years experience as a maintenance mechanic in a manufacturing environment (window manufacturing experience an asset).
- A Certification in Mechanical/Industrial or another relevant discipline an asset.
- Solid knowledge and background of electrical controls, CNC programming, hydraulics, pneumatics, electronics, and tool and die fabrication. PLC is an asset.
- Excellent organizational/multitasking/time management skills with disciplined solid diagnostic skills, coordination, prioritization and follow-up abilities.
- Strong sense of initiative and team oriented contributor who is an effective, clear communicator.
- Ability to work independently; seasoned maturity to develop innovative custom mechanical solutions when prefabricated parts are not available.
- Basic computer skills (MS Office)
- Superior leadership skills.
- Manual dexterity required for operating machinery and computers.
- Mechanical aptitude.
- Dependable, on-time, on-call availability and the ability to work in the evenings and weekend and shift-work as required.