décembre 18, 2017 - Concord, Ontario
SUMMARY OF THE POSITION
This position reports directly to the Plant Manager and works closely with the production supervisors. This role is responsible for creating schedules and making loads for production; which consist of electronic order picking, pre-picking, sequencing, printing paperwork/labels and organizing departmental paperwork for the plant. All duties and responsibilities are to be carried out according to plant rules, Vinylbilt procedures and in compliance with all health and safety regulations.
- Responsible for daily load making procedures which includes scheduling, order picking, generating glass batching and distributing orders/labels to production;
- Process unique orders such as rush, miscellaneous and greenhouse orders;
- Alert production to any discrepancies, issues and/or special considerations made on orders;
- Coordinate the implementation, development and maintenance of capacity planning tools within Vinylbilt;
- Proactively forecast production requirements and schedules to ensure continued balance of outputs throughout production;
- Consistently communicate with plant manager and production supervisors with updates regarding production schedules;
- Actively collaborate with IT in developing improved automated load making/planning procedures;
- Ensure all scheduling, load making and planning responsibilities are consistently “on time”;
- Responsible for ensuring labels, printers and equipment required for load making processes are properly maintained at all times;
- Appropriately escalate any major discrepancies or scheduling issues to Plant Manager;
- Provides labor report updates to the Plant Manager;
- Other duties as required.
- 1-3 years’ experience in a data entry, production scheduling, clerical or administrative role;
- High School Diploma, Post-Secondary Education in a related discipline an asset;
- Proficient data entry and computer skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment in a highly organized manner with detail and accuracy while meeting deadlines;
- Superior analytical skills.