janvier 19, 2017 - Toronto
Glass Team Lead (Lead Hand)
Assist Supervisor with daily production responsibilities in accordance with plant policies and procedures in compliance with safety policies.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures that machinery; equipment and work areas shall be properly maintained in safe working condition (including PM maintenance)
- Provide training to employees on machines and how to manually hand cut shapes
- Ensures that all employees within the department have been trained and are working in compliance with the Health and Safety policy. Provides training for specialized jobs
- Builds positive working relationship with all department employees
- Manage the daily scheduling of glass cutting and planning of IGU production
- Monitor production lines for flow and maintain a steady state of production throughout the day in order to meet daily production targets
- Ensures that all IGU buggies are labeled, marked missing units (if any) and are ready (complete) for window assembly departments on time
- Ensure all production paperwork, backorders and recuts are all done in a timely manner
- Follow up with any outstanding issues
- Maintain and minimize scrap by monitoring all work/Re-work in department and reporting back to the Glass supervisor
- Supervise employee attendance, performance and to execute the companies progressive discipline procedure when necessary
- Hand out and collect on a daily basis the Quality Control checklists
- Review and act daily on issues generated from the Quality Control checklists
- Back up for absent employees, etc.
- Communicates with other Departmental Employees, Supervisors and encourages interdepartmental communication and collaboration
- Demonstrates strong leadership skills, leads by example and is accountable for all areas of the department
- Ensures that protective equipment required by law and health and safety policies are used and maintained properly by employees and that employees understand the reason for its use
- Ensure that all injuries are treated and reported in accordance to OSHA and company standards
- Oversees shift start up and inspects end of shift shut down and other duties as assigned
- Work and lead all Line Leaders within the department
- Works in production on a regular basis and acts as a back-up to the Supervisor and for absent employees.
- Assists Supervisor/Manager to ensure that shift production goals are met.
- Supports production in accordance with plant policies, procedures and health and safety polices.
- Ensures that protective equipment required by law and health and safety policies are used and maintained properly by employees and that employees understand the reason for its use.
- Ensures that all injuries are treated and reported.
- Trains employees as needed.
- Assists Supervisors in managing plant employees; scheduling, attendance, performance, labour forecasting, overtime, progressive discipline, reporting absences directly to the Plant Manager etc.
- Demonstrates strong leadership skills, leads by example.
- Coordinates production startups and shutdowns.
- Trouble shoots issues and escalates accordingly.
- Ensures that machinery; equipment and work areas shall be properly maintained in safe working condition.
- Ensures a clean and safe work area.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 3-5 years’ experience in manufacturing environment (glass manufacturing experience –specifically Glass would be considered an asset)
- High School Diploma
- Superior leadership skills with a hands on approach to management
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Manual dexterity required for operating machinery and computers
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs. required
- Mechanical aptitude
Hourly employees in the department.